A statement to Mexico and its people from a group of foreign residents in Merida:
– We feel the need to voice our solidarity and intent to help our adopted country any way we can.
– We recognize the important role Mexico and its people play in the economy and social fabric of the United States.
– We have chosen to make our home here in Mexico and despite the current US politics, we stand with our Mexican neighbors.
– We have always felt welcomed by Mexican hospitality and embraced by the people.
– We are embarrassed by the treatment of Mexico and its people by our current government.
– We believe in open arms, not closed walls.
– If more walls are built, we have shovels.
Signed: Sus Vecinos y Amigos
Sus Vecinos y Amigos is a group of foreign residents of Merida, Yucatan.
The opinions expressed in letters to the editor are those of the writers and not necessarily those of The Yucatan Times.
more recommended stories
Catalog highlights relevance of the flower in Mexican Culture
The flower, addressed as a substantive.
19th edition of the International Jazz Festival of Campeche features world-class artists
Campeche will present its International Jazz.
Oscar winning Guillermo Del Toro grants scholarships to three Mexican talents in animation
Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, with the.
July MEL Night Canceled
MEL Night for the month of.
One&Only Palmilla a state-of-the-art beach resort by the Sea of Cortez
The One&Only Palmilla sits by the.
The Guelaguetza: one of the most important annual indigenous cultural events in Mexico
Welcome to the maximum month of.
Freaky Friday the 13th superstitions from around the globe
On the subject of luck, it.
Museum of the church of Conkal to open July 13
The Sacred Art Gallery of the.
For second year in a row San Miguel is Travel + Leisure # 1 Travel Destination!
San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico.
“Logos Hope” arrives to Progreso on July 11
On Wednesday, July 11, from the.