Published On: Thu, Jan 19th, 2017

Campeche joins Ford boycott

Share This
Tags

Ford Motor Company lost some business last week to two Mexican firms. This week, a state joined the boycott.

The governor of Campeche announced Tuesday Jan. 17  that the state would no longer buy Ford vehicles and that it was time to show “what Mexicans are made of.”

Alejandro Moreno Cárdenas said 44 new Ford police patrol trucks will be delivered to the state in the next few days, but they will be the last.

Campeche has vowed not to buy Ford vehicles for police use. (PHOTO: mexiconewsdaily.com)

Campeche has vowed not to buy Ford vehicles for police use. (PHOTO: mexiconewsdaily.com)



The decision followed that of Ford to cancel a US $1.6-billion automotive assembly plant in San Luis Potosí.

Last week Grupo Experiencias Xcaret of Quintana Roo and the construction firm Coconal said they would no longer buy vehicles from Ford.

The latter, which is participating in runway construction at Mexico City’s new airport in partnership with Carlos Slim’s Grupo Carso, said it was canceling indefinitely the purchase plans it had already drawn up for the coming year.

Ford Motor Company recorded a 20% increase in sales in Mexico last year and is the sixth largest automotive manufacturer in terms of market share.

Source: mexiconewsdaily.com

 

Mexico Travel Care

footer-john-2


Comments

comments

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>