The U.S. Consulate General in Merida issued the following advisory on Wednesday Jan. 18.
The U.S. Consulate General in Merida informs U.S. citizens that local authorities have lifted the January 17, 2017 “Code Red” shelter in place guidance. Local authorities report the situation is calm in downtown Cancun. In the aftermath of yesterday’s incidents, you may note an increased police presence in downtown Cancun and the Hotel Zone. No reports of shooting occurred in the Hotel Zone. The roads between Cancun’s international airport and the Cancun Hotel Zone and destinations on the Riviera Maya remain open and unobstructed. You may want to ask your hotel before arriving or departing to check road conditions.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Merida, located at Calle 60 #338K por 29 y 31 Colonia Alcalá Martín Mérida, Yucatán, open Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You may also call 011-52-999-942-5700 during normal business hours and after-hours.
- Contact information for the U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website. · Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Source: U.S. Consulate General Merida
more recommended stories
19th edition of the International Jazz Festival of Campeche features world-class artists
Campeche will present its International Jazz.
PEMEX pipeline on the Mérida-Progreso highway explodes as fuel was being illegaly extracted
According to unofficial reports, the explosion.
Measures against Influenza reinforced by Isstey authorities
Mérida, Yucatán, July 18, 2018.- In.
Oscar winning Guillermo Del Toro grants scholarships to three Mexican talents in animation
Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, with the.
Mexican congress asks Health Secretariat to evaluate if there is an Influenza epidemic in Yucatan
The Mexican Congress directed an appeal.
AMLO’s government would consider legalization of drugs
Mexico’s new government is set to explore the.
Yucatan’s state government and private initiative join to fight Influenza
Merida, Yucatan, July 18, 2018.- Breaking.
The U.S. may pursue separate trade deal with Mexico
According to REUTERS, President Donald Trump.
Summer homes rentals on the rise in Yucatan
The coastline from Chuburna to Telchac.
Extreme sports options for people with disabilities in Yucatan
To rappel, explore caverns, dive or.