Vatican released the full schedule of Pope Francis’ trip to Mexico:
Friday 12 February 2016
- 12:30 Departure from Rome’s Fiumicino Airport for Mexico City
- 19:30 Arrival at “Benito Juárez” International Airport in Mexico City
- Official Reception
Saturday 13 February 2016
- 09:30 Welcoming ceremony at the National Palace (Zócalo, Mexico City)
- Courtesy Visit to the President of the Republic
- 10:15 Meeting with Civil Authorities and Diplomatic Corps (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 11:30 Meeting with the Bishops of Mexico in the Cathedral (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 17:00 Holy Mass in the Basilica of Guadalupe (Homily by the Holy Father)
Sunday 14 February 2016
- 09:20 Transfer by helicopter to Ecatepec
- 10:30 Holy Mass in the area of the Study Centre of Ecatepec (Homily/Angelus by the Holy Father)
- 12:50 Transfer by helicopter to Mexico City
- 13:10 Arrival in Mexico City
- 16:30 Visit to the Pediatric Hospital “Federico Gómez” (Greetings by the Holy Father)
- 18:00 Meeting with the World of Culture in the National Auditorium (Discourse by the Holy Father)
Monday 15 February 2016
- 07:30 Departure by plane for Tuxtla Gutiérrez
- 09:15 Transfer by helicopter to San Cristóbal de Las Casas
- 10:15 Holy Mass with the indigenous community of Chiapas Municipal Sports (Homily by the Holy Father)
- 13:00 Lunch with indigenous representatives and the Papal entourage
- 15:00 Visit to the Cathedral of San Cristòbal de las Casas
- 15:35 Transfer by helicopter to Tuxtla Gutiérrez
- 16:15 Meeting with Families in “Víctor Manuel Reyna” Stadium at Tuxtla Gutiérrez (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 18:10 Departure by plane for Mexico City
- 20:00 Arrival at the airport in Mexico City
Tuesday 16 February 2016
- 07:50 Departure by airplane for Morelia
- 10:00 Holy Mass with priests, religious, consecrated persons, and seminarians (Homily by the Holy Father)
- 15:15 Visit to the Cathedral
- 16:30 Meeting with Young People at “José María Morelos y Pavón” Stadium (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 18:55 Departure by plane for Mexico City
- 20:00 Arrival in Mexico City
Wednesday 17 February 2016
- 08:35 Departure by plane for Ciudad Juárez
- 10:00 Arrival at “Abraham González” International Airport in Ciudad Juárez
- 10:30 Visit to Ciudad Juárez prison (CeReSo n.3) (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 12:00 Meeting with the World of Work at the Colegio de Bachilleres dello Stato of Chihuahua (Discourse by the Holy Father)
- 16:00 Holy Mass at the fairgrounds of Ciudad Juárez (Homily + greeting by the Holy Father)
- 19:00 Departure Ceremony at Ciudad Juárez International Airport
- 19:15 Departure by plane for Rome (Ciampino Airport)
more recommended stories
Tulum to become Mexico’s first sustainable tourism zone
The municipality of Tulum will become.
Yucatan the ultimate bird-watching destination
If you are into birdwatching, Yucatán.
Man drowns in Chuburná Puerto
A construction worker from the town.
Mexico strengthens leadership as an exporter of alcoholic beverages
Mexico Sep. 21 (Notimex).- Mexico strengthened.
Cancun, an example of tourism promotion for Japan
A Quintana Roo delegation of FONATUR.
Homicides in Mexico increase 17% so far in 2018
Intentional homicides in Mexico has increased.
Expats Feel at Home in Mexico; InterNations Survey
InterNations.org recently released the results of.
Through the implementation of AMLO’s austerity plan, the government could save 132 billion pesos in 2019
As wages for high government officials.
Japanese delegation comes to Mérida to strengthen bilateral relationship
The project of the Chicxulub crater.
First house entirely made of Sargassum built by Mexican inventor in Quintana Roo
PUERTO MORELOS, Q. Roo, September 20,.