Community Marketing & Insights has provided LGBT research, market insights, strategies and training to corporate leaders around the world since 1992. They are constantly highlighting the importance of the LGBT travel market. Here are some of the results presented at the Community Marketing & Insight marketing conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, that took place from December 9-11, 2015.
The 9th Annual LGBT Community Survey® Report focuses on data of over 15,000 self-identified gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender United States residents.
– Most LGBT travelers in the U.S. are between 25-45 years old, make more than US$100,000 a year, are college educated, travel 3-4 times a year and are active health-conscious entertainment seekers.
– LGBT travelers spend 33% more than their heterosexual counterpart. They are 13 times likely to take more than 9 trips per year. Gays and lesbians take 4-6 leisure trips per year, compared to 1- 2 trips for the average U.S. traveler.
– American air carriers and travel operators are focusing on LGBT outbound market from major U.S. cities such as New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Cleveland, Seattle, Los Angeles or San Diego to key destinations including Palm Springs, Hawaii, Puerto Vallarta and Playa del Carmen, among others. LGBT travelers are a natural fit to support these key destinations.
– 6.2% of all travelers from San Francisco are LGBT, 4.8% from Seattle, 4.6% from Los Angeles.
– Online advertising campaigns targeting this market segment are appealing to creative ads and commercials using catchy “double meaning” phrases and hashtags:
- #Flywithpride and get a 10% discount.
- “The LGBT community has come so far. Let us fly you the rest of the way.”
- We’d like to be your domestic partner. International, too.”
– More and more companies are trying to attract LGBT travelers, using Content Marketing strategies, such as editorial partnerships, event/ community engagement and social media outreach.
– Some Airlines engaged potential clients in real time. Ads such as “equality for every seat” and the “pride discount” were a big success.
– More Gay Travel webpages are being introduced, with exclusive content and always avoiding the use of stereotypes and clichés that alienate or re-enforce negative images of LGBT individuals.
by TYT Newsroom with information from Community Marketing & Insights
more recommended stories
Treasures from China coming to Mérida’s CIC
The International Congress Center of Yucatan.
Jury may consider lesser charge against border agent who shot Mexican teenager
Closing arguments are expected in Tucson,.
People remember Mexican icon Pedro Infante in the place of his death, in Mérida, Yucatán
On Sunday 15 2018, Father Raymundo.
INAH discovers medicinal plants in archaeological zone of Uxmal, Yucatán
Researchers from the National Institute of.
Assisted reproductive treatments are up to 50% less expensive in Mexico than in other countries
Assisted reproductive treatments are boosting Medical.
Pianist Jorge Federico Osorio returns to Mérida
The renowned Mexican pianist Jorge Federico.
Mérida stands out as a world-class tourist destination at the Tianguis Turístico Mazatlán 2018
During its participation in the Tianguis.
Former U.S. First Lady Barbara Bush dies at 92
Barbara Bush, the beloved wife of.
Number of AIDS cases doubled in Yucatán
So far, the number of cases.
Domestic violence, considered an epidemic in the state of Campeche
CAMPECHE, Cam.- During the week of.