Hurricane Linda Current Status and Forecast:
- Hurricane Linda has strengthened rapidly several hundred miles south of the southern tip of Baja California.
- Linda was a 45 mph tropical storm late Sunday morning, but had intensified into a Category 2 hurricane with 100 mph winds 24 hours later on Monday morning.
- Linda is expected to continue to strengthen and could reach major hurricane status early this week while tracking northwest, remaining well off Mexico’s southwest Pacific coast and the Baja peninsula.
- Linda will trigger a surge of moisture into the U.S. Desert Southwest, leading to enhanced coverage of thunderstorms, there, Wednesday into Thursday. This includes parts of southern Arizona and southeast California.
- Some swells generated by Linda will eventually propagate toward the southern Baja peninsula this week.
more recommended stories
Mexico and Vietnam strengthen bilateral relationship
With more than 40 years of.
Mexico and the European Union reach a trade deal that virtually eliminates tariffs
CNN collaborator Jackie Wattles reports that the.
Yucatecan honey, a symbol of flavor and quality
Yucatan is the main producer and.
Profepa rescues jaguar without fangs or paws in Central Mexico
The Federal Prosecutor for Environmental Protection.
The Impact of President Trump on Re-emerging Markets
With his plans to build a.
Crime is prevented with education in Mérida, Yucatán
Municipal police will initiate a training.
On his 82nd birthday, Pope Francis gives out 3,000 ice creams to Rome’s poor and homeless
According to The Local Italia, Pope.
OPINION: There are obvious signs of a crisis with López Obrador as president
Enrique Campos Suárez journalist, politics expert,.
April 23: World Book and Copyright Day
April 23rd is a symbolic date.
Mexico holds its first presidential debate for July election
MEXICO CITY — According to the.