Hurricane Linda Current Status and Forecast:
- Hurricane Linda has strengthened rapidly several hundred miles south of the southern tip of Baja California.
- Linda was a 45 mph tropical storm late Sunday morning, but had intensified into a Category 2 hurricane with 100 mph winds 24 hours later on Monday morning.
- Linda is expected to continue to strengthen and could reach major hurricane status early this week while tracking northwest, remaining well off Mexico’s southwest Pacific coast and the Baja peninsula.
- Linda will trigger a surge of moisture into the U.S. Desert Southwest, leading to enhanced coverage of thunderstorms, there, Wednesday into Thursday. This includes parts of southern Arizona and southeast California.
- Some swells generated by Linda will eventually propagate toward the southern Baja peninsula this week.
more recommended stories
Four deaths in Yucatán due to Influenza: State Health Secretariat
After days of waiting to have.
Mexico opposes U.S. plan to make it take asylum seekers -document, source
MEXICO CITY, July 12 (Reuters) –.
Mexican scientists develop fetal monitoring device
Specialists from the Center for Industrial.
800,000 tourists are expected to visit Yucatan this summer
“During this summer holiday season it.
Yucatecan guayabera will be present at the Central American and Caribbean Games of Barranquilla 2018
The president of the National Chamber.
Mérida teen electrocuted by cell phone charger cable
A 15-year-old girl died after she.
One&Only Palmilla a state-of-the-art beach resort by the Sea of Cortez
The One&Only Palmilla sits by the.
“Chayote” the Mexican super-food that could cure cancerous tumors
After a decade of research and.
Hoteliers of Cancún seek promotion in new international markets
Despite the situation faced by hoteliers.
Procter & Gamble moves Mexico headquarters & staff to new offices
Mexico City – Procter & Gamble Co..