The “Gabinete de Comunicación Estratégica” (GCE), conducted a nationwide survey in the 60 most populated municipalities to analyze the Quality of Life Index (INCAV), that ranks the best and worst cities to live in the country.
Quality of life is a complex concept that requires not only more than objective metrics for its understanding, but also subjective, cualitative data analysis to determine what citizens feel and perceive about the town where they reside.
This is the fourth edition of “The Best Cities to Live in Mexico” with the purpose of comparing economic and social growth in urban centers. To carry it out, GCE conducted a total of 30,400 national surveys, between June 16 and July 7, 2015.
The points taken into consideration were the following:
- Adequate housing supply
- Urban Mobility (Public Transportation, roads, traffic)
- Air pollution
- Sufficient recreational facilities and services
- Good atmosphere for peaceful coexistence
- Museums and historical sites
- Natural beauty
- Quality of life in the last 12 months, and quality of life compared to the rest of the country.
- Merida, Yucatán was ranked first place in the country, achieving a score of 83.3 points out of a possible 100.
- Saltillo, Coahuila in second place with 79.6 points.
- Aguascalientes, Ags. came in third place with 79.6 points.
- Mazatlán, Sinaloa was fourth place with 78.8 points.
- Colima, Col. fifth place with 77.4 points.
As for the worst cities to live in Mexico:
- 51.- Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas on No. 50 with a score of 61.4 points.
- 52.- Ecatepec, Edo de Mex with 61 points.
- 53.- Acapulco, Guerrero with 60.5 points.
- 54.- Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche with 59.6 points.
- 55.– Chilpancingo, Guerrero with 56 points.
Compared to last year, Saltillo went from seventh place in 2014 to second in 2015, a significant improvement; Aguascalientes from fourth to third place; Mazatlan from sixth to fourth place and Colima dropped from first to sixth place on the list.
As for the worst scores, Chilpancingo remains in last place. Last year Ecatepec was also placed within the 5 cities with lower quality of life; Ciudad del Carmen dropped 12 positions; Acapulco fell 13 positions and Tuxtla Gutierrez dropped 10 places.
Positive jumps in the list are to Tijuana, Baja California which went from position 46 to 25; Tlalnepantla, Edo. De Mex. which went up from position 49 to 36 and Pachuca, Hidalgo which moved from position 24 to 11.
In the opposite direction, Hermosillo, Sonora dropped from position 19 to 38; Matamoros, Tamaulipas went down from position 18 to 34 and Acapulco, Guerrero which descended from position 40 to 53.
The survey also analyzed the performance of governments nationally. The graph below shows the score of each city, with the green indicator being the higher, and yellow the lower level of satisfaction.
Movility / Environment / Housing / Recreation / Schools / Museums / Nature /Coexistence / INCAV
Source: SDP Noticias
more recommended stories
Teen jogger who accidentally crossed U.S. border from Canada is detained for two weeks
A teenager out for a beachside.
Grand Finale of the 2018 Merida Initiative National Mock Trial Competition for Mexican Law Students
Mexico City, 21 June, 2018 –.
Three time NBA Champion Klay Thompson charters plane to Mexico full of IG models
Three-time champion Klay Thompson is in.
Mexico’s soccer national team mental coach is transforming mindsets nationwide
Though the spotlight is always on.
Maya sacred book “Chilam Balam Tekax” astrological predictions analyzed by INAH experts
The first specialized integral study of.
Prisma Hotel Group announces investment of 357 million for remodeling hotels nationwide
With the objective of always providing.
Trump’s ‘Tent Cities’: where unaccompanied minors are kept in South Texas
According to Esquire: Beyond the moral and.
“Mayas y Piratas” Festival in Chetumal
The Bay of Chetumal will host.
The current ESAY premises will be turned into the new University of the Arts
“The transformation of the Higher School.
Growth in tourism is expected in Valladolid during the summer holiday season
After carrying out various promotional activities,.