The Anahuac Mayab University celebrates its 30th anniversary in Mérida, surrounded by students, teachers, graduates and friends.
Everyone is invited to the celebration in the Anahuac Mayab University, from the new students to the old friends united by years of effort, leadership and friendship.
The opening ceremony took place on August 26th of 2014 with the inauguration of the “Parque TecniA”, an in Campus technological and innovative state of the art building created as a project development facility and business incubator.
The ceremony was presided by Governor Rolando Zapata Bello.
The celebrations were followed by a dancing and acrobatics show, and a special presentation of an original Musical play performed by students and graduates of the Anahuac Mayab University.
On November 15th 2014, this original show “El reencuentro: Musical de musicales” took place at the historic Peón Contreras Theater located on Calle 60, downtown Merida.
The story was about six aspiring artists who sang the most iconic songs of other musicals such as: “Easy as life” from Aida, “Memory” from Cats, The Phantom of the Opera and Jesus Christ Superstar themes among others.
The celebrations continued, with the “Día Anahuac” (Anahuac Day), on January 21st ; “Carrera Anahuac” (Anahuac Race), on January 25th; and the “Graduates Reunion” on February 7th, where many ex-students had the opportunity to celebrate and reunite with their old classmates and teachers, sharing all kind of good memories.
The festivities continued on March 20th with “The Playbacks”: a show where the students make personifications of artists and celebrities, wearing amazing costumes and dancing to great choreographies; an event that is now a great tradition for this institution.
On Saturday, May 30th an exclusive Gala Dinner will take place at Fiesta Americana Hotel, all students, ex students, teachers, friends and family are invited.
- The history of the Mayab University starts on 1984 with Father Carlos Villalba, L.C. as Principal.
- The University started offering the following careers: Business Administration, Accountancy, Law and Computing on the first year.
- On the second year, Psychology, Tourism and Communications were added.
- Currently Anahuac Mayab offers careers such as Multimedia Design, International Business, Industrial Engineering, Medical Surgeon and Religious Sciences.
- Postgraduate degrees are offered since 1993, originally with Marketing and Senior Management.
- On 2004 the University joins the Anahuac Universities Net, changing its name from Mayab to Anahuac Mayab University.
- In 2007 the institution opens a World Class Television Production facility, creating agreements with local television companies.
- The University’s Business Incubator Project is created on 2009, winning on 2011 the best Business Incubator in the country.
- A new Medicine Building is about to open and the University keeps growing every day, gathering students from different states of Mexico and other countries.
The Anahuac Mayab keeps creating spaces to innovate and form future leaders who aim to make a positive change in our society.
M. Tíffany Solís Rosado
Student of International Bussiness of the Anahuac Mayab University
more recommended stories
Yucatecan food caused a big sensation at Tianguis Turístico 2018
Cochinita pibil, one of the most.
Peña Nieto signed the declaration of Special Economic Zone of Campeche and Tabasco
On April 17, President Enrique Peña.
The Mulsay Zoo, long forgotten by the people and authorities of Mérida
Residents of western Mérida are sad.
Priest shot dead marks 2nd clerical murder this week in Mexico
Roman Catholic authorities in Mexico say.
Mexican presidential candidates face off in first debate with clear lead in polls for leftist AMLO
On Sunday April 22, the first debate.
Yucatán hosts regional technology node for greater innovation
Composed by 10 scientific-academic institutions from.
An intimate performance by Marie Piselli at La Cúpula
Tuesday, April 24 From 6:45 pm.
Leaders of the Americas adopt commitment to fight corruption
The 8th Summit of the Americas.
Spanish oil company Repsol enters the Mexican market
Seven gas stations in Baja California.
Balché: Sacred Maya drink
The balché is a Maya ceremonial.