The first edition of the Mérida and Yucatán International Film Festival was inaugurated on Saturday , January 17th with the film “Olvidados”, directed by Carlos Bolado.
This is the first time that an International Film Festival is being held in the State of Yucatán.
Mexican and foreign artists and celebrities such as Michael Nyman, Angélica Aragón, Claudia Lizaldi, Bruno Bichir and Patricia Reyes Espíndola attended the inauguration of the festival, that seeks to support the film industry in the Yucatan Peninsula and Southeast Mexico.
The Mexican movies that will be exhibited during the festival are:
- “Los Ausentes” (“Absentees“)
- “Asteroide” (“Asteroid“)
- “Yo soy la felicidad de este mundo” (“I am the happiness of this world“)
- “Nosotros Lucifer” (“We Lucifer“)
- “Cuatro Lunas” (“Four Moons“)
- “Café cantos de humo” (“Songs of smoke Cafe“)
- “La hora de la siesta” (“Nap Time“)
- “El hogar al revés” (“The home upside down“)
- “Muerte en Arizona” (“Death in Arizona“)
- “Navajazo” (“Stab“)
- “La danza del hipocampo” (“Dance of the hippocampus“)
- “Llévate mis amores” (“Take away my love“)
The festival, directed by Karla Paola Medina, ends on January 24.
more recommended stories
AMLO’s government would consider legalization of drugs
Mexico’s new government is set to explore the.
Yucatan’s state government and private initiative join to fight Influenza
Merida, Yucatan, July 18, 2018.- Breaking.
The U.S. may pursue separate trade deal with Mexico
According to REUTERS, President Donald Trump.
Summer homes rentals on the rise in Yucatan
The coastline from Chuburna to Telchac.
Extreme sports options for people with disabilities in Yucatan
To rappel, explore caverns, dive or.
Man murdered inside his home in Kanasín, Yucatán
MÉRIDA, Yucatán.- A murder was registered.
Cubans accused of illegal fishing in Quintana Roo’s territorial waters
Fishermen from Isla Mujeres and Cancún.
Merida among Travel+Leisure’s top five Mexican destinations to visit
For the second time, Merida is.
Aztecs to take over Germany
The Linden Museum of the German.
“Andares” a play about indigenous people, will be presented in Campeche
Andares, a play that presents the.