Three factors stand out in a study and analysis of Internet use in Mexico: young people are the most active users, the device of choice is mobile and the most popular destinations are social networks.
The study by the analytics firm comScore found that one of every four Internet pages was viewed in Mexico on a smartphone or tablet, and that this country has the second largest Internet audience in Latin America. Brazil is first.
Digital Future Mexico 2014 also found that Mexico has the highest mobile penetration in the region, and that the most common mobile operating system is Android.
Social media is the most popular destination for surfers, and Facebook is at the top of the list.
Here are some highlights from the comScore study:
• Mexicans spend far less time online — 14.8 hours per month — than the global average of 22.8.
• But they spend a bit more time on each page, 0.84 minutes, compared to 0.67 worldwide.
• Young people aged 15-24 represent 36.5% of the Internet audience. About 61% are under 34, the highest level in the world.
• Mexico has 25.4 million Internet users, second only to Brazil in Latin America, which has 70.9 million.
• Social media has the highest reach in Mexico than any other country, at 98.3%. The global average is 85.4%.
• The top five social media sites for Mexicans are Facebook, YouTube,Taringa, Slideshare and Twitter.
• Mobile penetration in Latin America is highest in Mexico and Chile. For Mexico, 23% of pages visited are viewed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
• And the number of pages that were viewed on any device other than a PC shot up by 81% over 2013.
• Android has 75% of the mobile market, followed by iOS and Windows.
more recommended stories
Japanese delegation comes to Mérida to strengthen bilateral relationship
The project of the Chicxulub crater.
First house entirely made of Sargassum built by Mexican inventor in Quintana Roo
PUERTO MORELOS, Q. Roo, September 20,.
Protests in Homun, Yucatan against the opening of mega pig farm
On Friday September 21, the conflict.
Day of the Dead Parade Mexico City, three years stunning the world
For the third year in a.
Viva Aerobus announces new direct flights between Cancun and the U.S.
Viva Aerobus, the ultra low cost.
Vessel control centers urgently needed in Quintana Roo
“A control center like the one.
Photographic festival coming to Mérida in November
For the first time, the Mérida.
Trump demands a border wall but many congressional Republicans just not into it
WASHINGTON DC – President Donald Trump.
Mexico analyzing U.S. proposal on deportation funding
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – Mexico’s government.
López Obrador promises an extra 10 billion pesos for earthquake recovery
President-elect Andrés Manuel López Obrador yesterday.