Three factors stand out in a study and analysis of Internet use in Mexico: young people are the most active users, the device of choice is mobile and the most popular destinations are social networks.
The study by the analytics firm comScore found that one of every four Internet pages was viewed in Mexico on a smartphone or tablet, and that this country has the second largest Internet audience in Latin America. Brazil is first.
Digital Future Mexico 2014 also found that Mexico has the highest mobile penetration in the region, and that the most common mobile operating system is Android.
Social media is the most popular destination for surfers, and Facebook is at the top of the list.
Here are some highlights from the comScore study:
• Mexicans spend far less time online — 14.8 hours per month — than the global average of 22.8.
• But they spend a bit more time on each page, 0.84 minutes, compared to 0.67 worldwide.
• Young people aged 15-24 represent 36.5% of the Internet audience. About 61% are under 34, the highest level in the world.
• Mexico has 25.4 million Internet users, second only to Brazil in Latin America, which has 70.9 million.
• Social media has the highest reach in Mexico than any other country, at 98.3%. The global average is 85.4%.
• The top five social media sites for Mexicans are Facebook, YouTube,Taringa, Slideshare and Twitter.
• Mobile penetration in Latin America is highest in Mexico and Chile. For Mexico, 23% of pages visited are viewed on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
• And the number of pages that were viewed on any device other than a PC shot up by 81% over 2013.
• Android has 75% of the mobile market, followed by iOS and Windows.
more recommended stories
Rate President Donald Trump’s Job Performance
Newsmax.com, America’s leading independent news service,.
Mérida, among the 10 best cities for doing business: “Entrepeneur”
During the present municipal administration Mérida.
Trump told Shinzo: “I can hand you over ’25 million Mexicans’ to give you a taste of the migration problem”
President Donald Trump reportedly made some.
Mérida breaks ground for the new “Litoteca Nacional de Yucatán”
MÉRIDA, Yuc.- The inauguration ceremony of.
New Companions And Fun Time In Video Chat
If you are willing to find.
The Hermitage of San Dieguito in Tekax
Built 373 years ago, according to.
Mobile App Development: Step-by-Step Guide
What does it take to bring.
Profepa closed down four properties for affecting the ecosystem
The Federal Office of Environmental Protection.
InDriver, ready to rumble in Mérida!
inDriver, an online transportation service, is.
Canada, US & Mexico joint bid will host World Cup 2026
The United States, Mexico and Canada.