Published On: Wed, Mar 12th, 2014

Beginning of the “Snow birds” Annual Exodus

Share This
Tags

Easter is coming and with it the beginning of the Exodus of the so-called “Snow birds”, retired Canadians and Americans, which flee from their country during the winter low temperatures, to take refuge in the Yucatan coast particularly Progreso, Chicxulub and Chelem.

Francisco José Lara, owner of a popular restaurant that has become a rallying point for the members of this community, said that this year more than seven thousand Canadians arrived at the port, of which a good part arrived for the first time.

“Many of the foreigners who rented summer houses in the area have begun to return, so it is now estimated that 80% are still here but, gradually they will continue leaving until the end of this month, when only 20% will remain and then only permanent residents,” he said.

He said that the 18th of this month, a farewell party will take place in which awards will be granted to the friendlier ‘Snow birds’.

Stay tune to TYT, we will let you know when and where this party will take place.

Photo by http://sipse.com

Photo by http://sipse.com

 

Source: http://sipse.com

Mexico Travel Care

footer-john-2


Comments

comments

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>